Canon has issued a product advisory statement for multifunctional device models i-SENSYS MF5940dn, i-SENSYS MF5980dw, imageRUNNER1133iF, manufactured and sold since September 2011.
An intermittent software problem has been discovered relating to the fax functionality of the following models of multifunctional device: i-SENSYS MF5940dn, i-SENSYS MF5980dw, imageRUNNER1133iF.
In rare cases, the intended recipient of a fax may be altered when using the one-touch dial key on the device’s control panel.
[Affected Product & Version]
PANEL version: 02.49 or earlier
(The problem has been addressed with Panel version 02.50 or later.)
[How to check the PANEL version]
1. Push [Report] key on the control panel of the device.
2. Select “Print Reports” and push [OK] key.
3. Select “User Data List” and push [OK] key.
4. Push [OK] key.
5. Select “Yes” with left arrow key and push [OK] key.
6. Confirm the version of Panel of User Data List.
A firmware update has been developed to correct this problem - available via the link below.
For i-SENSYS MF5940dn/5980dw
Please contact your local Canon representatives for any queries.
Print this page