* In the following instructions, "XXX" signifies your machine's name.
1. Log on as a user account with administrator privilege.
2. Select Devices and Printers from the Start menu.
In Windows 7, select Start menu > Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Devices and Printers.
In Windows Vista, select the Start menu > Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Printers.
In Windows XP, select the Start menu > Control Panel > Printers and Other Hardware > Printers and Faxes.
3. Right-click the Canon XXX Printer icon, then select Printer properties.
In Windows Vista or Windows XP, right-click the Canon XXX Printer icon (where "XXX" is your machine's name), then select Properties.
4. Click the Ports tab to confirm the port settings.
Make sure that a port named USBnnn (where "n" is a number) with Canon XXX Printer appearing in the Printer column is selected for Print to the following port(s).
- When the machine is used over LAN, the port name of the machine is displayed as "CNBJNP_xxxxxxxxxx".
* "xxxxxxxxxx" is the character string generated from the MAC address or a character string specified by the user when setting up the machine.