Read Me First
- Before performing the wireless setup
Regarding the preparations and the procedures for using the printer in a wireless connection, refer to [ The necessary environment and the procedures for using the printer in a wireless connection
Wireless Setup Using Standard Setup
- The information you need to have, in order to complete the wireless LAN setup manually.
In most cases, "Standard Setup" will be used to connect the machine to your access point or router. Before you continue, you must gather the following information which will be required during the installation.
Refer to the instruction manual for the access point or the router you are using, or you may contact each manufacturer for help.
- Access Point Name/Network Name
* Also referred to as SSID.
An identifier to identify the specific access point.
- Network Key
* Also referred to as encryption key, WEP key or WPA/WPA2 passphrase, Pre-Shared key.
A password to prevent unauthorized access to the network.
- Quit all applications before installation.
- Log on using an administrator account.
- Internet connection may be required during the installation. Connection fees apply.
Screens are based on Windows 7 operating system Home Premium. Actual screens may differ depending on the OS version.
1. Press the ON button to turn off the machine.
Operating noise stops after about 1 minute.
2. Insert the CD-ROM into the computer.
If the USB cable is already connected, unplug it. If a message appears on the computer, click Cancel.
3. Click Run Msetup4.exe on the AutoPlay screen, then click Yes or Continue on the User Account Control dialog box.
If the User Account Control dialog box reappears in following steps, click Yes or Continue.
If the CD-ROM does not autorun:
Double-click (My) Computer > CDROM icon > MSETUP4.EXE.
4. Click Next.
5. Click Network Connection.
6. Click Wireless Connection.
Follow the instruction and go to step 7.
If an error message is displayed, see "Troubleshooting" at the right.
7. Click Other Methods.
8. Click Standard setup.
Follow the instruction and go to step 9.
- Character Entry
You can enter the characters when the keyboard is displayed on the printer. Follow the procedure below.
(1) When an on-screen keyboard shown above is displayed, touch the center Function button (A) to switch to a keyboard that supports characters you want to use.
Three types of keyboard (upper case alphabetical, lower case alphabetical and numeric/symbolic) are available. Each touch of the center Function button switches the keyboard type.
(2) Use the
buttons (B) to select a character from the on-screen keyboard, then touch the OK button to enter it.
Entered characters appear in the upper section (C) of the on-screen keyboard.
(3) Repeat 1 and 2 to enter more characters.
(4) After entering all characters, touch the left Function button (D).
* To insert a space, select Space on the on-screen keyboard and touch the OK button.
* To insert characters, select the section (C) of the screen using the
button, move the cursor to the character on the right of the target position using the
button, then enter characters.
* To delete a character, select the section (C) of the screen using the
button, move the cursor to the target character using the
button, then touch the right Function button (E).
9. Follow the instruction until the screen below is displayed. Network connection setting is complete.
10. Select your place of residence, then click Next.
11. Select a country or region, then click Next.
Install the Software (Information)
Let’s perform the software installation.
1. Click Next.
Easy-WebPrint EX is Web print software that is installed on the computer when installing the supplied software. Internet Explorer 7 or later (Windows) is required to use this software. An Internet connection is required for installation.
Follow any on-screen instructions to proceed with the software installation.
2. When the Setup Completion dialog box appears, click Complete.
3. Click Next.
- Important Information for the Installation
- Necessary Information for the User Registration
When the serial number is not displayed on the registration screen automatically, input the serial number located inside the machine (as shown in the illustration).
If the power is on, the Print Head Holder will move when the Scanning Unit (Cover) (A) is opened.
- If the Extended Survey Program screen appears
If you can agree to Extended Survey Program, click Agree.
If you click Do not agree, the Extended Survey Program will not be installed.
(This has no effect on the machine's functionality.)
- When the [Test Print] window is displayed
Test printing will be performed to check the printer's operation.
Load plain paper into the printer and click [Execute].
After test printin, click [Next].
To skip test printing, click [Next] instead of [Execute].
4. Click Exit to complete the installation.
Remove the Setup CD-ROM and keep it in a safe place.
5. Solution Menu EX starts.
The end of the procedure of the wireless LAN setup.