Choose paper suitable for printing, for the best print results. Canon provides you various types of paper to enhance the fun of printing, such as stickers as well as papers for photo or document. We recommend the use of Canon genuine paper for printing your important photos.
Commercially available papers
|Paper Load Limit
| Settings in Media Type
|A4, B5, A5, and Letter /
8.5" x 11": Approx. 150
Canon genuine papers
|Paper Load Limit|| Paper|
| Settings in Media Type|
|For printing photos:|
|Photo Paper Pro|
|A4, Letter / 8.5" x 11"|
, 5" x 7" / 13 x 18 cm,
and 8" x 10" / 20 x 25
cm: 10 sheets
4" x 6" / 10 x 15 cm: 20
|Photo Paper Pro|
|Pro II||Photo Paper|
Plus Glossy II
Plus Glossy II
|Fine Art Paper|
[FA-PR1] *4, *8
|1 sheet||-||Fine Art|
|For printing business documents:|
|For creating your own prints:|
*1 Paper with a Model Number is Canon genuine paper. Refer to the instruction manual supplied with the paper for detailed information on the printable side and notes on handling paper. For information on the page sizes available for each Canon genuine paper, visit our website. You may not be able to purchase some Canon genuine papers depending on the country or region of purchase. Paper is not sold in the US by Model Number. Purchase paper by name.
*2 Proper feeding of paper may not be possible at the maximum capacity depending on the type of paper or environmental conditions (either very high or low temperature or humidity). In such cases, reduce the number of paper you load at a time to less than half (100% recycled paper can be used).
*3 A4, B5, A5, or Letter-sized plain paper can be loaded only when Rear tray is selected for Plain paper feed settings in Device settings of the Settings menu.
*4 Available only when printing from your computer.
*5 Feeding this paper from the Cassette can damage the machine. Always load in the Rear Tray.
*6 We recommend that you remove the previously printed sheet from the Paper Output Tray before continuously printing to avoid blurs and discoloration.
*7 When loading paper in stacks, the print side may become marked as it is fed or paper may not feed properly. In this case, load one sheet at a time.
*8 If you are using Fine Art Paper "Photo Rag", you cannot print in the 1.38 inches / 35 mm margin on the top and bottom edges according to the direction of printing. If you select a special page size for Fine Art Paper in the printer driver, a limit is set to prevent printing in the 1.38 inches / 35 mm margin on the top and bottom edges of the paper. We recommend checking the printing area in the preview screen before printing.
*9 When scanning printed photos to print onto sticker paper, be sure to select Sticker print in Easy photo reprint. If Sticker print is selected, the type of paper cannot be selected.
*10 You can easily specify print settings for sticker paper with Easy-PhotoPrint EX provided on the Setup CD-ROM. Install it on your computer.
- To specify the page size and media type when printing photos saved on a PictBridge compliant device or mobile phone.
You can use the following page sizes.
- You can load plain paper of the following page sizes in the Cassette:
A4, B5, A5, and Letter sizes
Plain paper of other sizes cannot be loaded in the Cassette. Load them in the Rear Tray.
- In Macintosh, Choukei 3 and Choukei 4 are not available.
- Letter (8.50 x 11.00 inches / 215.9 x 279.4 mm)
- Legal (8.50 x 14.00 inches / 215.9 x 355.6 mm)
- A5 (5.83 x 8.27 inches / 148.0 x 210.0 mm)
- A4 (8.27 x 11.69 inches / 210.0 x 297.0 mm)
- B5 (7.17 x 10.12 inches / 182.0 x 257.0 mm)
- 4" x 6" (4.00 x 6.00 inches / 10 x 15 cm)
- 4" x 8" (4.00 x 8.00 inches / 101.6 x 203.2 mm)
- 5" x 7" (5.00 x 7.00 inches / 13 x 18 cm)
- 8" x 10" (8.00 x 10.00 inches / 20 x 25 cm)
- L (3.50 x 5.00 inches / 89.0 x 127.0 mm)
- 2L (5.00 x 7.01 inches / 127.0 x 178.0 mm)
- Hagaki (3.94 x 5.83 inches / 100.0 x 148.0 mm)
- Hagaki 2 (7.87 x 5.83 inches / 200.0 x 148.0 mm)
- Comm. Env. #10 (4.12 x 9.50 inches / 104.6 x 241.3 mm)
- DL Env. (4.33 x 8.66 inches / 110.0 x 220.0 mm)
- Choukei 3 (4.72 x 9.25 inches / 120.0 x 235.0 mm)
- Choukei 4 (3.54 x 8.07 inches / 90.0 x 205.0 mm)
- Youkei 4 (4.13 x 9.25 inches / 105.0 x 235.0 mm)
- Youkei 6 (3.86 x 7.48 inches / 98.0 x 190.0 mm)
- Card (2.16 x 3.58 inches / 55.0 x 91.0 mm)
- Wide (4.00 x 7.10 inches / 101.6 x 180.6 mm)
- Fine Art Letter (8.50 x 11.00 inches / 215.9 x 279.4 mm)
- Fine Art A4 (8.27 x 11.69 inches / 210.0 x 297.0 mm)
You can also specify a custom size within the following range.
2.17 x 3.58 inches / 55.0 x 91.0 mm (Rear Tray)
5.83 x 8.27 inches / 148.0 x 210.0 mm (Cassette)
8.50 x 26.61 inches / 215.9 x 676.0 mm (Rear Tray)
8.50 x 11.69 inches / 215.9 x 297.0 mm (Cassette)
17 to 28 lb / 64 to 105 g/m2 (except for Canon genuine paper)
Do not use heavier or lighter paper (except for Canon genuine paper), as it could jam in the machine.
Notes on Storing Paper
- Take out only the necessary number of paper from the package, just before printing.
- To avoid curling, when you do not print, put unused paper back into the package and keep it on a level surface. And also, store it avoiding heat, humidity, and direct sunlight.
Notes on Paper for Full-page Borderless Printing
- You cannot use A5, B5, and Legal-sized paper, and envelopes for full-page borderless printing.
- You can use plain paper for full-page borderless printing only when printing from a computer. However, this may result in lower print quality. We recommend using plain paper for a trial print.