This section describes the installation procedure for the toner cartridges.
The MF4380dn is used for illustration purposes in this section.
1. Hold the front side of the operation panel with your hands.
2. Lift the scanning platform (A) until it is locked. (You will hear an audible "click.")
3. Hold the grip (A) on the right front side of the toner cover.
4. Open the toner cover.
5. Remove the toner cartridge.
6. Take the new toner cartridge out of the protective bag.
Do not open the drum protective shutter (A).
Save the protective bag. You may need it later when you remove the toner cartridge from the machine.
7. Gently rock the toner cartridge several times to evenly distribute toner inside.
8. Place the toner cartridge on a flat surface and pull the seal completely out.
If toner is adhered on the removed seal, be careful that your hands or clothes do not get dirty from touching the toner.
Do not pull the seal out at an angle.
9. Hold the toner cartridge by its handle (A).
Do not open the drum protective shutter on the toner cartridge. Print quality may deteriorate if the drum surface is exposed to light or is damaged.
Always hold the toner cartridge by its handle.
10. Insert the toner cartridge so that the protrusion (A) on the right side of the toner cartridge fits into the guide (B) located on the right side of the machine and slide it down parallel to the guide.
11. Push the toner cartridge to make sure it is properly set in the machine.
12. Hold the grip (A) on the right front side of the toner cover.
13. Close the toner cover.
14. Lower the scanning platform.
- Be careful not to get your fingers caught.
- If you cannot close the toner cover, do not force it to close. Open the cover and make sure the toner cartridge is properly set in the machine.