Initialize memory cards when you use them with this camcorder for the first time. You can also initialize a memory card to permanently delete all the recordings it contains.
- Initializing the memory will permanently erase all recordings. Lost original recordings cannot be recovered. Make sure you save important recordings in advance using an external device.
- Initializing a memory card will permanently erase any music files you may have transferred to the card. To transfer music files from the supplied Camcorder Supplemental Disc to the memory card:
- Windows users: Use the supplied PIXELA’s software. For details, refer to the Software Guide (PDF file) of the supplied PIXELA’s software.
- Mac OS users: Use Finder to transfer the music files from the [MUSIC] folder on the supplied Camcorder Supplemental Disc to the memory card. Refer to About the music files for the folder structure of the memory card.
- At the time of purchase, Eye-Fi cards contain the necessary network configuration software. Be sure to install the software and complete the required configuration setup before you initialize the Eye-Fi card prior to using it with this camcorder.
1. Power the camcorder using the compact power adapter.
Do not disconnect the power source or turn off the camcorder until the initialization is completed.
2. Turn on the camcorder.
3. Press the <FUNC.> button.
4. Select the [ Menu ] icon and press <SET> to open the setup menus.
5. Select the [ (System Setup 2) ].
6. Select the [Initialize] and press <SET>.
7. Select the [Quick Initialization] or [Complete Initialization] and press <SET>.
[Quick Initialization]: Clears the file allocation table but does not physically erase the stored data.
[Complete Initialization]: Erases all data completely.
8. Select the [Yes] and press <SET>.
If you selected the [Complete Initialization] option, you can press <SET> to cancel the initialization while it is in progress. All recordings will be erased and the memory can be used without any problem.
9. Select the [OK] and press <SET>.
10. Prass <FUNC.> and close the menu.