The Version 18.104.22.168 firmware being released this time is for updating camcorders with firmware version 22.214.171.124 or version 126.96.36.199. If the camcorder's firmware is already Version 188.8.131.52, it is not necessary to update the firmware. Once the camcorder is updated to the latest version, it cannot be restored to a previous version.
Preparations for the firmware update:
If you perform the update, the menu settings will be reset. Please redo the settings to match your preferences after the update.
In the folder you downloaded are the firmware (file name: VEE3.FIM / file size: 8.159 Mbytes), and instructions on the firmware update procedures (a PDF file in five languages: Japanese, English, French, Spanish, and Simplified Chinese). Before starting the firmware update procedures, please be sure to carefully confirm your understanding of these instructions.
The following things are required to perform this firmware update:
- A computer (OS: Windows or Mac OS X)
OS: Windows 7 (Service Pack 1) / Windows Vista (Service Pack 2) / Windows XP (Service Pack 3) or Mac OS X (10.5-10.6)
- A 32 MB or higher-capacity SD Memory Card or an SDHC Memory Card (both commercially available)
- A memory card reader (commercially available) or an SD card slot on the computer
- A fully charged battery pack for the camcorder
- Compact power adapter bundled with the camcorder
- The firmware (the downloaded file)
The firmware is available for Windows and Mac.
If you have any further inquiries please contact us using the e-mail support or telephone support option.