You can use the supplied ImageBrowser EX software to cut out your favorite scenes from a movie captured by the camera.
- The operations described here assume that the ImageBrowser EX software from the supplied CD (DIGITAL CAMERA Solution Disk) has been installed, and has been updated over the Internet.
- If there is no [ImageBrowser EX] on the supplied CD, you can download and install the [ImageBrowser EX] updater from the downloads section of the Canon Web site. Please note that you will need to have your camera ready when you do the installation.
- In this section, Windows 7 is used as an example. Depending on the operating system you are using, on-screen displays and operations may differ slightly.
1. Double-click the icon on your desktop to start [ImageBrowser EX].
If you do not find a shortcut icon for [ImageBrowser EX] on your desktop, start [ImageBrowser EX] by clicking [Start] () > [All Programs] or [Programs] > [Canon Utilities] > [ImageBrowser EX], in that order.
On a Mac, click the [ImageBrowser EX] icon on the [Dock]. If no [ImageBrowser EX] icon is found on the [Dock], click [Go] on the menu bar, select [Applications], and then open [Canon Utility] > [ImageBrowser EX], and then select and start [ImageBrowser EX].
2. After starting ImageBrowser EX, double-click the movie you want to play back on the main screen. A [ ] mark appears on the upper-left corner of movie file thumbnails.
3. Switch from the Thumbnail Display to the Preview Display. Click [ ].
4. The [Cut Movie] window will appear.
5. To specify portions to trim, drag each end of the bar. The left point indicates where the movie begins, and the right point, where it ends.
6. Click the [ ] button to play back and check the range to be cut.
7. Cick the [Save].
8. Specify the file name and save destination and then click the [Save].
The cut movie is saved as a separate movie from the original movie.
This completes the steps for cutting scenes from movies.