If the camera cannot be connected to a computer, it may be due to the following reasons. Therefore, please check the following items in order to find the cause of the problem.
1. The camera is not connected properly to the computer with the supplied USB cable
To connect the camera to a computer, use the supplied USB cable. For details on how to connect the camera to a computer, please refer to How to connect the camera to a computer using a USB cable (EOS-1D X).
2. The camera is not recognized by EOS Utility (You can only click [Monitor Folder] on the main window of EOS Utility)
If the camera is not recognized by the supplied software, please check whether any of the following cases may be a remedy to the problem.
- Please check whether the EOS Utility application supplied with your camera, or any other EOS Utility version is installed on your computer. (Version 2.11 or later is supported.) If your version is not supported, please update the application to the latest version by using an updater. You can download the EOS Utility updaters from the Canon Web site.
- EOS Utility does not operate correctly on a computer if its system requirements are not met. Use EOS Utility on a computer with compatible system requirements. For details on system requirements that are compatible with the application, please refer to the Related information.
- EOS Utility and the camera may not communicate normally with a cable other than the EOS DIGITAL camera-dedicated Canon interface cable. Connect your camera and computer directly with the interface cable provided with your camera. Do not connect the camera via a hub; doing so may prevent EOS Utility and your camera from communicating normally.
- If there is insufficient charge left in the camera battery, the camera cannot communicate with EOS Utility. In this case, replace the battery with a charged one, or use an AC adapter kit ACK-E4 (Separately available).Your computer does not supply power to the camera through the interface cable.
3. CameraWindow is being used
Your camera does not support CameraWindow. If you are using CameraWindow, please install and use the EOS Utility application supplied with the camera.
If your computer does not meet the System Requirements for EOS Utility, you can import images using a card slot on the computer or a commercially available card reader.
For the procedures for importing images using a card reader or a card slot on a computer, please see the Related Information.
4. The camera is not recognized by Windows OS
If the things described in items 1 through 3 above do not apply to your situation, the camera may not have been recognized by your computer's OS. For information on how to work around this, please see the Related Information.