To reinstall [ImageBrowser EX], uninstall it first, and the perform the installation process.
- The following instructions are intended for Mac OS X (v10.6). The screens displayed and setting procedures may differ slightly depending on the version you use.
- The procedures described in this section are for uninstalling [ImageBrowser EX]; however the procedures are similar for uninstalling applications from the [Canon Utilities] folder.
- Please be careful not to accidentally delete any folders with downloaded images that may be contained within the application folder. It is recommended that you save the image folder (create a backup) before uninstallation. Images downloaded to [ImageBrowser] are normally saved in [Go] > [home] > [Pictures] on the [Menu bar].
1. Click the icon of the hard disk to which the image folder was installed, and then select [Applications] > [Canon Utilities] > [ImageBrowser EX].
2. Move the [ImageBrowser EX] folder to [Trash].
3. From the [Finder] menu, select [Empty Trash].
4. If the [ImageBrowser EX] icon still remains under [Dock], drag the icon to [Trash] to delete.
This completes the process of uninstalling the application.
5. After completing the above procedure, please restart your computer.
- If the computer is not restarted after uninstalling ImageBrowser EX, operation problems may occur when the software is reinstalled.
- Refrain from connecting the camera to the computer before completing the reinstallation process, as misoperation may occur. Also check the ImageBrowser EX User guide to make sure the computer meets the system requirements for running the software.
6. Confirm the version information appearing on your EOS DIGITAL Solution Disk, before installing the software.
- If the version number is listed as Ver. 25.3 or earlier, download the ImageBrowser EX software from the Canon home page and follow the instructions displayed. If the [User Account Control] screen is displayed, follow the procedure as described.
- If the version number on your EOS DIGITAL Solution Disk is listed as Ver. 25.4 or later, install using the procedure below.
7. Insert the EOS DIGITAL Solution Disk into your computer.
8. Double-click the CD-ROM icon on the desktop.
9. The following screen will appear. Double-click [Setup.app].
10. Select the area in which you live.
11. Select the country where you live, and then click [Next].
12. Click [Custom Installation] when the screen below is displayed.
13. Click [OK].
14. When the screen below appears, append ImageBrowser EX with a checkmark (), and then click [Next].
15. Click [Install].
16. Click [Yes] to accept the License Agreement.
17. When using EOS DIGITAL Solution Disk Ver.25 or later, the screen below will appear on computers connected to the internet. If you agree to the disclaimers, click [Yes].
18. If the following screen appears, enter your computer’s password and click [OK].
19. The following screen appears, and installation begins.
20. Click [Next].
21. The following screen appears.
- In this example [No, I will register later] has been selected, and [Next] has been clicked.
(To register in CANON iMAGE GATEWAY, select [Yes, I would].)
22. Click [OK].
23. Click [Finish].