The information below details the Return to Base Warranty terms and conditions.
In the event that a Canon product develops a fault, our customers are covered by the Canon European Warranty System (EWS) which ensures that the fault is resolved free of charge for a limited period of time after purchase (terms and conditions apply).
The EWS is comprised of two different service offerings and the offering that is applicable to you is determined by your location and the product you have purchased.
Return To Base EWS:
For most Canon consumer products, a Return To Base service is offered. If a product develops a manufacturing fault during the warranty period then it must be returned to a Canon approved repair facility where it will be repaired free of charge by Canon authorised technicians. Your product will be returned to you when the repair is complete.
For full terms and conditions of all warranty types, please click on the relevant warranty offering below -
Canon and the EWS-members warrant the hardware of this product to be in good working order during the warranty period. In the event that the hardware is found to be defective within the warranty period, hardware repair service will be provided free of charge at the authorized Canon service centre(s) in the countries of membership of EWS.
EWS service free of charge may be obtained only against presentation of this warranty card together with the original invoice/cash ticket issued to the customer by the retailer, and if the warranty card states (a) the purchaser's name, (b) the retailer's name and address, (c) the model name and serial number, if any, of the purchased product and (d) the date of purchase of the product. Canon reserves the right to refuse warranty service if this information is not complete or has been removed or changed after the original purchase of the product by the consumer from the retailer.
Canon further reserves the right to replace the defective product with another equivalent product which has the same or better quality to the defective product, instead of repairing the defective product.
1. Warranty period
This warranty is valid for one year from the date of purchase by the consumer (three years for Projectors* & ninety days for Projector lamps), as evidenced by the abovementioned documents.
* XEED 4K501ST: three years or 6000 hours usage, whichever occurs sooner.
2. To obtain warranty service
Warranty service is available in the authorized Canon service centres.
Any costs of secure transportation of the product to and from the Canon service centre will be borne by the customer. If the product is brought into a country which is not covered by EWS and which does not accept the warranty card, the product must be returned to the country where it was purchased in order to benefit from the warranty.
3. EWS- Members:
For full details of the warranty offered in individual countries please contact the relevant EWS member.
Canon and the EWS-members do not warrant the following
- Periodic check-ups, maintenance and repair or replacement of parts due to normal wear and tear
- Any software.
- Parts subject to wear (e.g., video heads, projector optical parts and guide rollers) as well as supplies and accessories (e.g., batteries and recording media) including, but not limited to, tapes, DVD, memory card and detachable HDD used with this product are not covered by this warranty.
- Defects caused by modifications carried out without Canon's approval.
- Costs incurred by Canon service centres in making any adaptations or modifications of a product necessary for country specific technical or safety standards or specifications, or any other costs to adjust the product as a result of any specifications which have changed since the delivery of the product.
- Damage resulting from the fact that a product is not conforming to country specific standards or specifications in another country than the country of purchase.
Warranty repair service is excluded if damage or defects have been caused by:
- Improper use, excessive use, handling or operation of the product as referred to in the users' or operators' manuals and/or relevant user documents, including without limitation, incorrect storage, dropping, excessive shocks, corrosions, dirt,water or sand damages.
- Repairs, modifications or cleaning carried out at a service centre not authorized by Canon.
- Damage caused directly by the use of spare parts, software or consumables (such as ink, paper, toner or batteries), which are not compatible with the product. Compatibility with your specific Canon product should be evidenced on the packaging but is assured when using genuine Canon spare parts, software or consumables as these have been tested. You are advised to check compatibility prior to use.
- Connecting the product to equipment not approved for connection by Canon.
- Inadequate packaging of the product when returning it to the authorized Canon service centre.
- Accidents or disasters or any cause beyond the control of Canon, including but not limited to lightning, water, fire, public disturbances and improper ventilation.
Repair service may be delayed when performed outside of the original country of purchase because the product is not yet sold in that country or sold in a country-specific design. Accordingly, certain spare parts for the product may not be in stock in the country of repair.
It is the responsibility of the customer to backup and save any software files and programs before repair and to restore the same after such repair.
Canon assumes no responsibility for any other claims, including, but not limited to, loss of recording media and loss of data etc., not specifically stated in this warranty. When returning the product for warranty service, please pack it very carefully, insure it, enclose the bill of sale and warranty card, the instructions for repair and (if applicable) a sample of recording media on which the pictures taken by the product are store.This warranty does not affect the consumer's statutory rights under applicable national legislation in force, nor the consumer's rights against the retailer arising from the sales/purchase contract. In the absence of applicable national legislation, this warranty will be the consumer's sole and exclusive remedy, and neither Canon nor its subsidiaries or other EWS members shall be liable for any incidental or consequential damages for breach of any express or implied warranty of this product.