Canon Europe celebrates 10th anniversary of Ambassador Programme by adding 17 new members
London, UK, 26th June 2018 - Canon Europe has announced 17 new professional photographers and filmmakers to its acclaimed Ambassador Programme to mark 10 years since its inception¹. The 17 new members join the 60 existing Ambassadors across Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA) who were unveiled last September following a comprehensive relaunch of the programme.
© Canon Ambassador, Rosie Hardy, shot on Canon EOS 5D Mark II, 1/250 sec, f/2.5, ISO 100
The Canon Europe Ambassador Programme brings together some of the world’s leading photographers and filmmakers, as well as respected industry experts, to collaborate with Canon and share a common passion for visual storytelling. Following a rigorous review of 104 professionals, a panel of internal and external experts selected 14 new professionals to join in the programme. Three participants of the Joop Swart Masterclass 2018, organised by World Press Photo and supported by Canon, have also been granted a year’s admission to the programme.
The 2017 programme refresh welcomed new and existing ambassadors including wildlife photographer Michael Nichols, and photojournalists Brent Stirton and Paolo Pellegrin. Today’s announcement demonstrates the continued evolution of the programme to ensure it represents and supports the generations of today and tomorrow.
Richard Shepherd, Pro Marketing Manager, Canon EMEA, comments: “When the Canon Europe Ambassador Programme launched in 2008, it set the benchmark for the industry. Since its inception, the programme has seen the ambassadors actively embrace their role, and for many, bring some of the most important issues and events of our time to the forefront of discussion. Through a collaborative approach with past and present ambassadors, we’re incredibly proud of what has been achieved in the last ten years. As well as maintaining our highly-valued relationship with ambassadors who have trusted us for over a decade, we’re delighted to continue welcoming new faces to the programme who bring fresh ideas and demonstrate a commitment to tackling industry challenges head-on.
“Whether through inspirational and educational stories, events and experiences, or the continuous support we offer through Canon Professional Services (CPS), supporting and championing photographers and filmmakers is at the heart of everything we do. We look forward to continuing to partner with industry-leading professionals from across Europe, the Middle East and Africa.”
Newly inducted Canon Ambassador and founder of East Africa’s first international photography festival, Aida Muluneh, comments: “In today’s evolving society, it’s more important than ever to look at a subject and provide a fresh perspective that challenges your outlook. With the support of Canon, I am committed to continue pushing my creative and technical boundaries, uncovering the inspiring stories that need to be told. It’s an honour to be part of Canon’s programme alongside so many inspiring individuals who have a diverse range of experience.”
For a full list of all ambassadors within the programme, please visit
The 17 new additions to the programme and their specialisms are listed below:
- Markus Morawetz, Austria – Wedding
- Aida Muluneh, Ethiopia – Fine Art/Architecture
- Felicia Sisco, France – Wedding
- Gil Gropengießer, Germany – Wedding, Portrait/Fashion
- Julia Blumenthal, Germany – Wedding, Portrait/Fashion
- Dafna Tal, Israel – Portrait/Fashion
- Antonio Gibotta, Italy – Wedding
- Ciro Gibotta, Italy – Wedding
- Georgina Goodwin, Kenya -–Reportage/Documentary
- Sarah Waiswa, Kenya – Reportage/Documentary
- Muhammed Muheisen, Palestine – Photojournalist
- Tasneem Alsultan, Saudi Arabia – Reportage/Documentary
- Jaroslav Monchak, Ukraine – Advertising/Commerce, Portrait/Fashion
- Marina Karpiy, Ukraine -–Wedding, Portrait/Fashion
- Daro Sulakauri, Georgia (Joop Swart Masterclass 2018 participant) – Photojournalist/Documentary
- Kevin Faingnaert, Belgium (Joop Swart Masterclass 2018 participant) – Reportage/Documentary
- Juanita Escobar, Colombia (Joop Swart Masterclass 2018 participant) – Reportage/Documentary