How will I know if my claim is delayed due to incorrect or missing information?
Upon having successfully registered online for a Canon warranty offer, you will be sent by email a confirmation of your application containing both your reference number and personalised log-in details for a website on which you can check the status of your claim. In the event that you have registered any incorrect information, this will reflect on that site and you will also be sent an email informing you of the information still required. The quickest way for to provide us with any missing information is by logging in to that website and updating your details.
What formats can be used for uploading documents as part of the registration process and are there any size restrictions?
Please note! Your file should not be larger than 4 MB. You can only upload JPG, TIF and PDF.
What transactions/products are excluded from this warranty offer?
Exclusions are detailed in the Terms and Conditions. In summary, the exclusions include the following:
- Non-promotional products.
- Product purchased outside of promotional territory
- Second-hand, refurbished or reconditioned products, or products which are counterfeit or infringe the intellectual property rights of the Canon group of companies in anyway (for example, including but not limited to parallel or “grey” products)
On the on-line claim form, what do you mean by ‘payment option’?
This refers to how you originally purchased the product.
Where is the product serial number?
The Serial Number is located on the base of your PTZ camera or Controller. Please DO NOT confuse the serial number with the EAN/Barcode which usually resides on the side of the product box, this is NOT the product serial number that you are required to submit to validate your claim. The serial number is located on the body of the product itself.
Why can’t I log onto the website with my tracking code?
For the following issues when trying to register on-line:
- I’ve been trying to register for some time and it won’t let me
- I keep getting a ‘not authorised’ message
- I’ve tried resubmitting the form but it won’t work.
In MOST instances this is down to the device you are trying to access the website from i.e. a mobile/smart phone, apple mac, other device etc. it’s not a fault with the website. You will need to consult the manufacturer of the product you are using for advice in these instances. If the above frequently asked questions have not answered your query, you can email us on the email address below or if your enquiry is urgent you can call us on the following number +353 16 990 990 or visit the Canon support page.
What level of Warranty Service will I receive?
Return To Base:
If a product develops a manufacturing fault during the warranty period then it must be returned to a Canon Professional Service Centre or Canon Authorised Service Partner where it will be repaired free of charge by Canon authorised technicians. Your product will be returned to you when the repair is complete.
How do I claim my Promotional Warranty Services?
Once your claim is validated, if you need to obtain extended warranty services provided via this offer, please contact your local Canon Support Helpdesk and be ready to:
- Provide the full device model name and serial number;
- Confirm your contact details
- Provide proof of product purchase & activated promotional warranty offer, as per the email confirmation sent to you following online warranty registration(s);
- Provide a clear fault description and carry out any diagnostics as advised;
- Comply with any reasonable instructions from the Helpdesk to allow you to receive the warranty service.