1) Start Linux and log in as "root".
2) Download the tar.gz file for the printer from the Canon Europe Software Centre. Place the file to any directory.
3) Extract the files to the directory.
4) Please ensure the following files are available in the directory.
- bjfilter-common-2.50-x.i386.rpm - Common package
- bjfilter-pixmaip1500-2.50-x.i386.rpm - Model-specific package
(In the rpm file name shown above, the "2.50" portion is the version number. "x" represents a number from 1 to 9.)
Caution:The above packages cannot be used together with a CUPS support module for Print Filter Ver. 2.40 or earlier.
If a CUPS support module is already installed, uninstall the module before you carry on with the installation
5) Use the “cd” command to change the current directory to the directory containing the Print Filter rpm files.
6) Using the “rpm” command from the command line of the terminal software please install the Print Filter.
Example installation command:
[root@XXX]# rpm -ivh bjfilter-common-2.50-x.i386.rpm
[root@XXX]# rpm -ivh bjfilter-pixmaip1500-2.50-x.i386.rpm
7) For details about the rpm command, enter "man rpm" with the terminal software.