Here are some simple tips
- Plan what you want to film before you start
- A good rule of thumb is keep clips to 4 seconds; they will provide a better viewing experience and you can join them together later
- Don’t try to emulate professional film-makers with their extended tracking shots and focus changes, keep the camera still for each short sequence
- Film in landscape format, never in portrait; you will view the results on devices that use landscape such as televisions
- Experiment with zoom
- Include footage of the audience – get your friends involved
- Keep quiet – don’t sing along!
Make photography an integral part of your festival experience; it will give you memories for the rest of your life. And once you get back, select some of your favourite ones and enter them to the You Connect Gallery.
Note: Music events may limit camera usage. Check the event website for details.