You can download the software from the Canon website and install it.
- It may be necessary to connect the camera to the computer when installing the software. If connection with the camera is required, a message prompting you to connect the camera to the computer will be displayed. Please use a USB cable (the camera’s terminal requires Mini-B size) for connections.
- Using the software, you can update to the latest version, and download new functions via the Internet (some software excluded). Be sure to install the software on a computer with an Internet connection so you can use this function.
- Internet access is required to use this function, and any ISP account charges and access fees must be paid separately.
- The procedure is demonstrated in Windows 7 for the purposes of explanation. The screens displayed, and setting methods may differ when using Windows 8, Windows Vista, Windows XP, or Mac OS X.
- An account with Administrator privileges is required for installing and uninstalling software.
- The camera model names and software names appearing in this explanation may differ depending on the model you use.
- The first time you connect the camera to the computer, drivers will be installed, so it may take a few minutes until camera images are accessible.
- Because the content and functions of software vary according to the camera model, if you have several cameras, you must use each camera to update to its latest version of the software.
The software installation procedure is explained bellow.
1. With a computer connected to the Internet, access the Canon website and download the software.
2. Open the downloaded file.
3. The file will be extracted. Double-click the folder to open it.
5. Select the area in which you live.
6. Select the country where you live, and then click [Next].
7. Select your language.
8. The following screen will appear.
Click [Easy Installation] to automatically install all the software applications.
[Custom Installation] to select the software applications that you want to install.
9. The following screen will appear. Click [OK].
If you selected [Custom Installation] in Step 9, the following screen will appear after Step 10.
(The software displayed may differ depending on the camera you use.)
The selected (
) software applications will be installed. (Deselect the checkbox (
) of the software applications that you do not wish to install.)
After confirming that you have selected all the software applications for installation, click
[Next] and then proceed with the installation.
10. The following screen will appear. Click [Install].
11. The following screen will appear. Click [Yes] after reading the content carefully.
12. The following screen will appear. Click [Yes] after reading the content carefully.
13. If a message is displayed prompting you to connect the camera, connect it to a computer, and then click [Next]. (A message may not be displayed depending on the model you use.)
To do the installation without connecting the camera,
select the [Install without connecting the device] check box (
), and then
click [Next]. When the next screen appears, click [OK] and proceed to step 12.
13-1. Connect the camera to the computer with a USB cable.
*In this illustration, [PowerShot A2600] is used as an example to explain the operation. The positions of buttons and shape of the model may be different depending on the model you are using.
13-2. Turn the camera on.
13-3. Click [Next].
14. If the following window appears, click [Yes].
15. Installation begins.
- During the installation, the following screen may appear. After reading the content thoroughly, click [Install now]. Proceed with the installation by following the on-screen instructions for the required operations.
- If you are using Windows XP, the following window may appear during installation. Click [Yes] after having read the details thoroughly.
16. The following screen will appear. Click [Next].
17. The following screen will appear. If you want to register later, select [No, I will register later.], and then click [Next].
18. The following screen will appear. Click [OK].
19. If the following screen appears, click [Finish].
This completes the software installation procedure.