PowerShot G1 X Mark II
With its large sensor and fast f/2 zoom lens, the PowerShot G1 X Mark II delivers DSLR-like performance and versatility from the body of a compact camera.
- Large 1.5-type 18.7 x 14.0 mm Canon CMOS sensor with multi-aspect shooting
- Capture 12.8 Megapixel images (3:2)* and Full HD videos with DSLR-like quality
- Be creative with depth of field, using a fast f/2-3.9, 24mm 5x zoom lens and 9-bladed aperture
- Fast image processing and responsive operation with DIGIC 6
- Shoot great pictures, even in low light, with HS System and max ISO 12,800
- Intelligent IS image stabilisation guards against camera shake
- Accurate 31-point AiAF. Precise manual focusing with Manual Focus Peaking
- Customisable Dual Control Rings and intuitive touch screen for tailor-made handling
- Wi-Fi and Image Sync for easy image sharing and backup. Connect to a smartphone or tablet for remote shooting
- Optional EVF for traditional handling
- 14 bit RAW and DPP software integrate seamlessly into any workflow
Take a more detailed look into Canon PowerShot G1 X Mark II
DSLR-level image quality from a compact camera
The PowerShot G1 X Mark II’s large 1.5-type sensor has a surface area similar to APS-C, measuring 18.7 x 14.0mm. It uses 12.8 Megapixel resolution (3:2) and Canon’s CMOS technology to deliver DSLR-like image quality. Use the Multi-aspect Sensor to capture either 12.8 MP images at 3:2 or 13.1 MP images at 4:3 aspect ratios with the same effective focal length.*
Great low-light performance
The PowerShot G1 X Mark II’s 1.5-type sensor and DIGIC 6 processor ensure superb performance right up to ISO 12,800. HS System, combined with a bright f/2-3.9 lens, makes the most of available ambient light, for superb clarity and colour whatever the conditions. Intelligent IS selects the optimum optical Image Stabilizer mode from 8 options to reduce camera shake and blur.
Precision 5x zoom lens
The PowerShot G1 X Mark II features an ultra-wide angle 24mm, 5x optical zoom lens. Utilising Canon’s precision technology and advanced lens expertise for sharp, high-resolution images. Large 1.5-type sensor combined with the bright f/2-3.9, 9-bladed aperture ensures excellent subject isolation with smooth background blur.
Capturing the moment
A DIGIC 6 processor delivers fast, responsive handling, so you’ll always be ready to capture that decisive moment. High-density 31-point AiAF locks on to subjects quickly and accurately, while fine manual focus adjustments can be made using one of the camera’s Dual Control Rings, positioned around the lens barrel. Manual Focus Peaking further aids accuracy by highlighting in-focus areas.
Wireless remote shooting and Image Sync
Initiate a Wi-Fi connection between the PowerShot G1 X Mark II and a compatible smart device using the camera’s dedicated Mobile Device Connect Button or NFC. Once connected, the Canon CameraWindow app enables you to control the PowerShot G1 X Mark II wirelessly from up to 5m away. The Mobile Device Connect Button can also be assigned to Image Sync, enabling you to back up your images and movies to a registered home computer, Flickr™ and Google Drive™, via CANON iMAGE GATEWAY.**
Designed just for you
Tailor the PowerShot G1 X Mark II to your own way of working. Frequently used functions can be added to a custom menu so they’re easier to find when you need them. Customisable Dual Control Rings surrounding the camera’s lens barrel can be programmed to change different settings.
Cover all angles
A high-quality LCD touch-screen, with 1,040k dot resolution, uses sRGB colour reproduction for excellent colour accuracy, image clarity and contrast. The tilt-type screen and intuitive controls make the PowerShot G1 X Mark II quick and easy to use, even when shooting at unusual angles. Equip the camera with an optional responsive electronic viewfinder for more traditional handling.
New creative possibilities
Experiment with advanced shooting modes and discover new creative possibilities. Hand-held HDR and Background Defocus modes capture multiple pictures in quick succession and merge them together for a professional-looking result. Star modes provide an easy route into capturing spectacular astrophotography.
14-bit RAW files and Canon DPP software maximise quality during post production and seamlessly integrate into your existing editing or printing workflows.
The PowerShot G1 X Mark II Enhanced Grip Edition (available in Europe, Middle East and Africa) features a large ergonomic grip for excellent handling.
- *Multi-aspect Sensor captures 12.8 MP images at 3:2 aspect ratio with default settings. 13.1 MP images at 4:3 aspect ratio can be captured with the same effective focal length.
- **Wi-Fi support varies by device and region. For more information visit www.canon-europe.com/wirelesscompacts
- Direct Internet sharing, Image Sync and Send via server features require a CANON iMAGE GATEWAY account. CANON iMAGE GATEWAY may not be supported in some countries or regions. Please visit www.canon-europe.com/cig for more information.
- Facebook and the F logo are registered trademarks of Facebook Inc.
- Google Drive™ is a registered trademark of Google Inc.
- Twitter is a registered trademark of Twitter Inc.
- The FLICKR mark is a registered trademark of Yahoo! Inc.
Find out more about the Canon PowerShot G1 X Mark II, its features and what it can do.
Large sensor close to DSLR APS-C size
Wide aperture throughout zoom range
12.8 Megapixel CMOS with 3:2 aspect
Two customisable lens rings
Powerful DIGIC processing
Great low-light shots
5x optical zoom, ultra wide-angle
Steady shots in every situation
Share and backup images wirelessly
NFC simplifies smartphone sharing
Control the camera with a smartphone
Tilt to shoot up high or down low
Aperture and shutter speed control
High maximum ISO sensitivity
Create SLR style background blur
Capture starry skies with ease
Capture HDR without a tripod
Neutral Density Filter
PowerShot G1 X Mark II Ratings and Reviews
PowerShot G1 X Mark II Videos
DSLR quality results with large, high-sensitivity sensor
For the ultimate in image quality the PowerShot G1 X Mark II boasts a large 1.5-type Multi-aspect sensor. With an effective area that is approximately 2x bigger than 1.0-type sensors and 5.7x bigger than 1/1.7-type sensors - commonly used in advanced compact cameras - it offers DSLR-level quality in a compact form. The 1.5-type sensor also gives photographers greater control over depth of field and exceptionally low noise images even when shooting with high ISO in extremely low light situations.