Standard Connection Method for Mac users
If your access point does not support the WPS feature, use the following instructions to set your printer up on your wireless network.
Please download the software to begin setup.
1. Double click on the downloaded .dmg file to open the following screen. Double click on the [Setup]
icon to start the setup, then click [Open]
2. When the initial screen appears, click on [Next].
3. When the following screen appears, type your Password to allow the Helper Tool to be installed, then click on [Install Helper].
4. When the following screen appears, click on [Start Setup].
5. The software will check to see if there are any updates to the driver and software, and will download them as necessary, this may take a few minutes.
6. Select your region and country, then click on [Next].
7. If you accept the terms of the license agreement, click [Yes].
8. If you would like to take part in the Extended Survey Program, click [Agree], otherwise click [Do not agree].
9. The following screen will appear whilst checking the printer status, this may take a few minutes.
10. Select [Wireless LAN Connection] then click [Next].
11. Ensure your printer is powered on, then click [Next].
12. The software will search for any printers already setup on your network.
Detection may take some time, so please be patient while the software searches for a printer.
13. If you have already connected your printer to your network, select it from the list within the “Printers on the Network List” window and click [Next] to start the software installation, then proceed to step 20.
If this is the first time you are setting up your printer, it will not be displayed on the list, so please continue to step 14.
14. Ensure [Setting printer could not be found on the list] is selected, then click [Next].
15. The following screen will briefly appear.
16. The setup guide will open and guide you through connecting your printer to your network using the “Connection via Cableless setup” process.
Please follow the on-screen instructions carefully to prepare your printer for connection. Only click Next, when your printer corresponds with the example shown in the diagrams below.
17. Please wait while the setup discovers the printer.
During this time the network connection on your computer is temporarily disabled.
18 When the following message is displayed, click [Allow].
19. Once the Setup is complete, click [Next].
20. The MP Drivers and Network Tools will be downloaded and installed, please wait while the software is installed.
21. Please wait while the setup completes.
22. Click [Add Printer].
23. The printer will be discovered and displayed in the “Add” window below.
Initially, only the Bonjour Multifunction will be detected. Please wait a moment until the window has updated.
24. Wait until the Canon IJ Network has been discovered, then select the printer with "Canon IJ Network" listed in the "Kind" column and click [Add].
25. The following screen will appear, please wait while the printer is setting up. After adding your printer, the setup screen may be hidden by the browser. If this happens, click on the “Setup” icon located in the dock, to display the screen again.
26. Click [Next] to complete setup of the printer.
27. If you’re installing the printer for the first time, it is recommended to perform a “Print Head Alignment” after the installation is complete. Please refer to the user guide for further details. Click [Next] to continue.
28. To perform a test print to confirm installation, click [Start] otherwise click [Next].
29. The setup is now complete, click [Next] to perform the software installation.
30. Select the software you wish to install from the list, then click on [Next]. If you’re not sure which software you want to install at this stage, don’t worry, as you can always uninstall it at a later stage if you wish.
31.To register your printer, click [Next] (this will open in a web browser). Otherwise, click [Skip].
32. Click [Exit] to finish the installation.