On-Site Warranty Applicable Models [PDF, 143 KB]
Thank you for purchasing this Canon Office product. Should you need to use our On-Site Warranty on this product, the below terms and conditions apply. Your On-Site Warranty is valid for 1 year from the original purchase date of your new Canon Office product.
Under this warranty, you are entitled to receive support from Canon as described below. Please note that all services provided under the On-Site Warranty are subject to the terms and conditions stated herein. Please note that this On-Site Warranty applies in addition to any other Canon warranty you may have for the product in question and in addition to any statutory rights you may have as a consumer under applicable local legislation. This On-Site Warranty applies to certain Canon Office products, purchased in the European Economic Area (“EEA”).
Canon warrants the hardware of this product to be in good working order during the warranty period. In the event that the hardware is found to be defective within the warranty period, hardware repair service will be provided free of charge on-site at your registered location within the Territory (as defined below).
On-site Warranty free of charge may be obtained only against presentation of original proof of purchase stating the date of purchase of the product. Canon further reserves the right to replace the defective product with another equivalent product which has the same or better quality to the defective product, instead of repairing the defective product.
1. Warranty period
The On-Site Warranty is valid for 1 year from the purchase date of your new Canon Office product, as evidenced by the proof of purchase.
2. To obtain warranty service
On-site Warranty service is available by contacting Canon’s helpdesk via phone (On-site warranty contact details). The Canon helpdesk will first try and solve any issue by phone or via remote connection. If this fails, a qualified service engineer will be assigned to you to solve the issue.
The service engineer will validate your On-Site Warranty for which you will need to submit a copy of your proof of purchase. When validated a time for On-Site visit by the service engineer will be agreed with you. Canon will use its best efforts to offer On-Site service the next day (local exclusions may apply, for details please refer to On-site warranty contact details)*.
The On-Site Warranty covers all associated labour costs, including call out, travel and repair times. It also covers you for the costs of all service parts. The cost of consumable items such as toner or ink cartridges, print media (e.g. paper) and staples are excluded. Furthermore, if the installation and network connection of your product has not been provided by Canon, services and related service parts required due to a faulty installation or network connection of your product are not included under the On-Site Warranty. Please refer to point 3 below for a full list of warranty services limitations.
*The services under this On-Site Warranty may be carried out by a third party on Canon’s behalf using reasonable skill and care.
Canon does not warrant the following:
- Periodic check-ups, maintenance and repair or replacement parts due to normal wear and tear.
- Consumables & Accessories including AC adaptor.
- Any software.
- Parts subject to wear as well as supplies and accessories.
- Defects cause by modifications carried out without Canon’s approval.
- Costs incurred by Canon in making any adaptations or modifications of a product necessary for country specific technical or safety standards or specifications, or any other costs to adjust the product as a result of any specifications which have changed since the delivery of the product.
- Damage resulting from the fact that the product is not conforming to country specific standards or specifications in another country than the country of purchase.
Warranty repair service is excluded if damage or defects have been caused by:
- Improper use, handling or operation of the Product as referred to in the users' or operators' manuals and/or relevant user documents, including without limitation, incorrect storage, dropping, excessive shocks, corrosions, dirt, water or sand damages;
- Repairs, modifications or cleaning carried out at a service centre not authorized by Canon;
- Use of spare parts, software or consumables (such as ink, paper, toner or batteries, printer heads) which are not compatible with the Product. Compatibility is at least ensured if consumables are used which are recommended by Canon;
- Connecting the product to equipment not approved for connection by Canon.
- Accidents or disasters or any cause beyond Canon’s control, including but not limited to lightning, water, fire, public disturbances and improper ventilation.
In addition to the foregoing the On-Site Warranty does not include:
- Work that is needed because of any disconnection and reconnection of the Product, including any preparation necessary for safe transit other than as provided by Us or on Our behalf;
- Work other than during Our standard service hours (9am to 5pm Monday to Friday excluding Public Holidays), unless varied by the On-Site Warranty Service Plan;
Please note that for the provision of on site services by the service engineers it is a prerequisite that your product is located in the ‘Territory’. Further, on-site services can only be provided subject to you granting the service engineer access to the Product and reasonable support requested in relation thereto.
If you intend to move your product from one address to another during the duration of your On-Site Warranty, you are required to notify Canon of the new address details. You can do this by sending an email to the specified “Contact Email address for the territories” (e-mail addresses are provided in the On-site warranty contact details). If you move the product to another country, please check whether the country to which you move your product is listed in the On-site warranty contact details to make sure Canon offers the On-site warranty in that country.
Repair service may be delayed when performed outside of the original country of purchase if the product is not yet sold in that country or is sold in a country-specific design. Accordingly, certain spare parts for the product may not be in stock in the country of repair. It is the responsibility of the customer to backup and save any software files and programs before repair and to restore the same after such repair. Canon assumes no responsibility for any other claims, including, but not limited to, loss of recording media and loss of data etc., not specifically stated in this warranty. This warranty does not affect the consumer's statutory rights under applicable national legislation in force, nor the consumer's rights against the retailer arising from the sales/purchase contract. In the absence of applicable national legislation, this warranty will be the consumer's sole and exclusive remedy, and neither Canon nor its subsidiaries shall be liable for any incidental or consequential damages for breach of any express or implied warranty of this product. For full details of the warranty offered in individual countries please contact the Canon helpdesk.
Subject to the foregoing, you agree that Canon is not responsible for any additional work required, or loss, costs or damage caused, because:
- You have not used, stored or handled the product properly (including failure to provide appropriate environmental conditions), or not complied with any instructions or recommendations for the product given by Canon or contained in any operations manual, or any other clause of the On-Site Warranty;
- You have not installed or maintained any error correction, current software upgrades or new releases supplied or made generally available by Canon or other relevant third party suppliers;
- Of a virus (or similar) in your system or because of any malfunction or requirement of any product that you have linked to the product or which otherwise adversely affects the operation of the product;
- You or someone else acting on your behalf has damaged or made changes to the product or connected or incorporated any other item to the product, or your associated systems which adversely affect the operation of the product;
The On-Site Warranty shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the relevant law of the country where the product is used and where the services are provided, and any disputes in connection with the On-Site Warranty come under the exclusive jurisdiction of the competent courts of this jurisdiction.