Canon Europe reveals three European premieres at FESPA 2022
LONDON, UK, 31ˢᵗ May 2022 – Canon Europe has today revealed three European premieres:
• FLXfinish+, the unique UVgel feature that, with one ink set, lets large format graphics customers produce matte, gloss and mixed matte and gloss in one print
• Its fastest flatbed printer in the Arizona range, the Arizona 6100 Mark II series
• PRISMA XL Suite, workflow software designed to help large format graphics designers and print service providers (PSPs) create unrivalled and inspiring print applications
FLXfinish+ enables customers to produce mixed matte and gloss in one print
Arizona 6100 Mark II, the fastest flatbed printer in the Arizona family
Canon’s new workflow software for large format printers: PRISMA XL Suite
One click, two finishes, one print with FLXfinish+
Canon’s large format graphics, roll-to-roll Colorado series is known for giving customers a choice between a velvety matte or vibrant glossy finish with just one ink set. Today at FESPA 2022, we are unveiling the next step for the Colorado series: FLXfinish+, the unique ability to print a mixed matte and gloss finish in one print, at the click of a button.
Being able to have both finishes in one print enables PSPs to take a whole list of applications to the next level – from making brands stand out on point-of-sale (POS) and retail advertising, to bringing labels and decals to life with glossy highlights, to creating amazing effects for interior décor applications.
The patented UVgel technology enables this unique effect without having to use an extra varnish channel or consumables and does it in a one-step, fully automated process, so you can run it unattended and without additional running costs.
FLXfinish+ will be featured as standard on all Colorado 1650s and optional on all Colorado 1630s. It is also available as an upgrade to all 1630s and 1650s already installed with customers, which emphasises Canon’s commitment to offering customers a smart investment solution.
New Arizona 6100 Mark II, the fastest flatbed in the Arizona range
Designed for high-volume, large format graphics producers and the latest model in the next generation of the Arizona family, the Arizona 6100 Mark II is a reliable, easy-to-integrate, high-volume, true flatbed flagship printer. The Arizona 6100 Mark II series is the fastest flatbed printer in the world-leading Arizona family, with a print speed of up to 220m²/hr (2,368ft²/hr), servicing print environments with volumes of 20,000m² (200,000ft²) up to 300,000m² (3,000,000ft²) per year.
The Arizona 6100 Mark II series consists of two models. The first is the Arizona 6100 XTS Mark II, which has been designed for PSPs who use a more varied range of substrates as it can print on almost any rigid media. With the XTS version, the independent control of vacuum zones means customers can simultaneously handle multiple boards, unusually shaped substrates and staged/staggered jobs for continuous printing.
The second model is the Arizona 6100 XTHF Mark II, which is supported by Arizona High-FLOW technology. This version has been created for large format graphics PSPs and print factories who specialise in packaging or print on more challenging substrates — such as porous corrugated cardboard or severely warped substrates like plywood — that may not adequately seal the vacuum area. On this model, the Arizona High-FLOW technology achieves pull-down and hold-down by effectively overwhelming the substrate with a suction power 15 times stronger than the pressure exerted by the vacuum of the Arizona XTS.
The Arizona 6100 Mark II series has the latest technical innovations to support customers who are looking to improve production efficiencies with automation. Thanks to the future-ready Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) for accounting and automation, users can achieve easy integration with third-party systems like management reporting systems and create an end-to-end workflow for increased productivity through robotisation.
Make It BIG with PRISMA XL Suite
Building on its successful PRISMA range of print production workflow software, today we are also introducing the PRISMA XL Suite created to help large format graphics designers and PSPs to deliver value-add print applications, as well as to automate production of complex jobs, while helping them to maximise the uptime of their machines.
The PRISMA XL Suite consists of:
- PRISMAguide XL, the successor of Arizona Xpert and also available on our Colorado roll-to-roll printers. Available now, PRISMAguide XL is a powerful and easy-to-use design and job automation software application to automate and simplify print job preparation for first-time-ready print files. The intuitive prepress software stores the file settings in a recipe, enabling future jobs to be prepared more quickly and easily time after time, for long-term production efficiencies.
- PRISMA remote app - Ensures that customers are not only able to monitor jobs with their Colorado roll-to-roll printers, but that they can also be notified of any actions to keep them running 24/7.
- PRISMAservice – A new cloud-based platform that provides faster, more efficient and more effective customer support for Arizona and Colorado printers. PRISMAservice is also available for partners who look after the servicing and maintenance of machines in the field.
Mathew Faulkner, EMEA Director, Marketing and Innovation, Wide Format Printing Group, Canon Europe says, “Large format graphics PSPs and print factories need to be able to respond to the latest consumer trends, such as meeting increased demand for personalisation and made-to-order applications, while ensuring customisation is economically viable, even for samples and print-of-one orders. Our customers are constantly looking to deliver value to their customers and offering that ‘extra special thing’ that makes them stand out. At the same time, pressures on delivery times require higher levels of continuous 24/7 production with fewer operators, so customers need to integrate workflow automation into their activities, by means of smart technology solutions.”
“This is why we have introduced our three European premieres here today at FESPA 2022. With FLXfinish+ on the Colorado series, our latest next-generation technology in the Arizona 6100 Mark II series, and the PRISMA XL Suite, we want to help our customers spot new business opportunities, produce commercially viable applications with ease, and help them to transform those opportunities into ongoing business success.”