The compact all-in-one XA35 camcorder boasts a wide dynamic range and an HD/SD-SDI terminal – making it ideal for professional mobile news gathering and for journalists who need to capture content discreetly, especially in challenging high contrast lighting conditions.
- Wide 26.8mm¹, f/1.8-2.8 lens, 20x zoom with intelligent 5-axis OIS and Dynamic IS
- 1/2.84” HD CMOS Pro sensor with improved sensitivity for enhanced low-light performance and lower noise
- Wide DR mode (600%) and Highlight Priority mode² maintain highlight/shadow detail for a more natural image
- HD/SD-SDI output ideal for professional broadcast environments
- Dual-format recording: Full HD AVCHD (28Mbps) or MP4 (35Mbps) to 2 x SD cards
- Detachable handle with professional XLR inputs and built-in IR lamp
- 8.77cm (3.5”) OLED touchscreen for excellent resolution, contrast and colour reproduction
- 1.56m dot EVF and 45° tilt for flexible shooting
- Fast and slow motion (x2 to x1200) with interval recording in MP4 mode
- Built-in dual band WiFi for remote control, file transfer/upload and browser preview
Take a more detailed look into Canon XA35
20x zoom wide angle Canon HD video lens
Capture superb quality footage thanks to the XA35’s stunning and versatile 26.8mm¹ wide angle lens. A 20x zoom gets you up close to the action, while Dynamic Optical Image Stabilisation compensates for shake in 5 directions to provide ultra-steady images. f/1.8 maximum aperture, an 8-blade iris and EDM technology enable beautiful ‘bokeh’ effects.
Improved 1/2.84” HD CMOS Pro sensor
The newly developed Canon HD CMOS Pro sensor achieves an effective pixel count of approximately 2.91 megapixels to deliver stunning Full HD picture quality. With increased sensitivity and an improved signal-to-noise ratio, low light images in particular appear cleaner with reduced noise.
Flexible new image settings
Two new picture settings help you achieve even more impressive results. Wide DR mode gives you a 600% dynamic range, resulting in bright images with high contrast that retain detail in both highlight and shadow areas, without the need for post-production. Highlight Priority mode reproduces footage with more natural tones, richer colours and detail, particularly in areas of high brightness² – perfect for scenes with bright skies and reflective surfaces.
8.77cm (3.5”) OLED touchscreen and tiltable EVF
Despite its compact size, the XA35 provides high-quality monitoring. An easy-to-use OLED touch screen with a 1.23 million dot resolution offers faster response times and superior definition, contrast and colour reproduction compared to LCD equivalents. A 0.61cm (0.24”) 1.56 million dot EVF can tilt up to 45° - easily accommodating a range of shooting positions.
Versatile dual-format recording
AVCHD video can be recorded at up to 28Mbps in 1080/50P; while for maximum quality, select the 35Mbps 1080/50P MP4 recording mode. The two SDXC/SDHC memory card slots allow for simultaneous recording³ of high-quality HD and lower resolution MP4 files for easier file transfer – ideal when a quick turn-around of footage is needed. Fast and slow motion recording options with interval recording (x2 to x1200) are available in MP4 modes.
Professional audio and HD/SD-SDI connectivity
The easily accessible HD/SD-SDI port allows connection to industry-standard broadcast equipment such as satellite transmission systems. Two XLR terminals provide professional audio inputs, supporting high quality linear PCM recording.⁴
The XA35 can easily be used at night or in low ambient light conditions thanks to the improved sensor sensitivity and bright infrared light source built into the handle – making it ideal for the wildlife videographer.
Built-in Wi-Fi, expandable for GPS
Transfer footage wirelessly using an iOS phone or tablet, or via FTP at up to 150 Mbps⁵. Remotely control camera functions through a Wi-Fi enabled device with no need for separate apps. Location data can be recorded using an optional GPS accessory.
Compact, lightweight body
With its detachable handle, this discreet and highly portable camera is ideal for shooting in sensitive or confined environments. Its lightweight body reduces fatigue during extended periods of hand-held filming.
- ¹ 35mm equivalent
- ² Monitor brightness settings may need to be increased
- ³ Simultaneous recording not available in 1080/50P recording modes
- ⁴ Linear PCM audio available in AVCHD 28Mbps recording mode only
- ⁵ Wireless internet access point required for FTP file transfer
Find out more about the Canon XA35, its features and what it can do.
HD Video Lens
Wide Angle Lens
20x Optical Zoom
Steady shots in every situation
Steady shooting on the move
Superb low-light shooting
DIGIC Processing Power
Capture both highlight and shadow detail without the need to grade
Prioritise highlight detail
Creative time-lapse recording
Built-in WiFi for easy remote control
8-Bladed Circular Aperture
28Mbps AVCHD recording
35 Mbps MP4 recording
8.8cm Organic LED touch screen
Dual SDXC card slots
Instant Auto Focus
XA35 Ratings and Reviews
Canon Professional Network
Inspiration, education, product information and news updates to deliver the definitive coverage for Canon professional photographers and videographers, as well as advanced enthusiasts, around the world.